A corporation must register with the Rhode Island Secretary of State’s office in order to do business in Rhode Island.  The corporation will be required to file an annual report to remain eligible to conduct business in the state.  Please see the RI Secretary of State’s website for more details:

When a taxpayer files their Corporate tax return for the first time, they will be registered with the Division of Taxation and all returns and payments will be posted to their associated periods.  


How do I file and pay the Corporate Tax?

You may file and pay the corporate tax online (preferred) or by mail. Please see our File and Pay for Corporate taxes webpage for more information